Click Dashboard in the left navigation
Find the desired AR Camera in the list of "My Cameras" and click the Edit button
Camera Editor Capabilities
The AR Camera Editor page allows you to perform tasks such as:
- Upload a model
- Edit Scene properties
- Edit User Interface (UI) Elements such as banners, icons, link out URL, etc.
- Preview your AR Camera
Locate your 3D model and either drag the file onto the Upload button, or click Upload and browse for it in the file chooser.
AR Cameras limit model size to a maximum of 15MB.
Note: For tips on creating/converting 3D models in .glb format, please see https://www.8thwall.com/glb
Continue to add additional models by clicking “Add another model”
The Scene tab of the Inspector Panel on the right side of the page allows you to edit:
- Interaction Mode
- Initial Distance
- Light Intensity
- Movement Speed
- Add / Replace / Delete models
||Great for large scenes or objects. The user can always recenter the scene via the button at the bottom right.
|Tap to move
||Perfect for characters. Tap anywhere on the ground and the object will:
- Orient to face the new location
- Transition from “idle” (animation clip 0) to “motion” (animation clip 1) animations
- Move to new location (based on object movement speed)
- Transition back to “idle” (animation clip 0)
|Hold to drag
||Preferred for static objects. Tap and hold on the object to pick it up and move along x/z axis. Also includes “pinch to scale” and “two finger swipe to rotate”.
||Sets the starting distance of the center of the scene from the camera (along z axis).
||Adjusts both the ambient and directional light source in the scene.
||Replace the current model with an updated one without affecting object sort order.
||Clears the model.
||Auto scales on import to fit within screen parameters. Fully adjustable to any size.
||Important when matching translation speed to animation clip playback (only available in “Tap to move” Interaction Mode)
|Add another model
||Add another model to your AR Camera. Note: Each model counts toward a 15MB limit.
To edit a value, either drag the slider bar or enter a value into the box on the right.
Edit User Interface
Click the Interface tab of the Inspector Panel on the right side of the page.
Banner Images allow you to upload a 2D image (.jpg, .jpg) to sit atop your camera. Drag your image onto the banner image icon, or click and select your image via the file browser.
- Recommended Resolution: 700x200
- File Type: .jpg, .jpg
- File Size Limit: 300 KB
Add a URL to activate the optional link out icon. The Link out button is great for using AR Cameras to direct viewers to the URL of your product or service. "https://" is already included - do not include this in your URL.
The side bar appears if your AR Camera contains:
- A single model with multiple animation clips.
- Multiple models.
The icons in the side bar can be customized. File requirements:
- Recommended Resolution: 256 x 256
- File Type: .jpg, .jpg
- File Size Limit: 300 kb
- Looks best with circle shape on transparent .jpg
To set a custom icon for each model in your sidebar, drag your image onto the photo icon or click and browse for it in the file chooser.
Single Model with multiple animation states:
Please refer to https://www.8thwall.com/glb for more information on required animation states.
- Always animation clip "0"
- This is the default, looping idle state
- This is always first on the list of sidebar animations
- Always animation clip "1"
- Note: Because the “tap to move” interaction uses the motion clip, this is not an animation clip that appears in the sidebar with an image.
To set a custom icon for each animation state in your sidebar, drag your image onto the photo icon or click and browse for it in the file chooser.