To celebrate joining the NHL, the Seattle Kraken with the help of WebXR agency Aircards, developed a multi-layered WebXR experience that took fans on a rich immersive storytelling journey. Featuring a full 3D digital twin of Climate Pledge Arena, animated Zamboni and an interactive face filter experience that takes you between the pipes with the Goalie.
Once activated, Kraken fans are immersed in a virtual world. Beginning with standing on a wooden paddle boat in the middle of the sea and met by a burly sailor donned in knee high green wellies and a Seattle Kraken jersey with matching nautical tattoos.
Fans are instructed to drop the glowing anchor floating by the side of the boat to begin the experience. Seattle leveraged this amazing narrative-driven WebXR experience to enable meaningful brand engagement with their audience.
WebXR Experience Features
Custom features within this experience included:
- RPG style menu and experience journey
- Custom 3D modeling & animation
- Fully explorable ice rink with tap-to-move functionality
- Overhead stadium tour option
- Face filter element with choice of different jersey’s
- Advanced analytics provision
Other Work by Aircards