The AR feature lets you view over 1.4 million works of art in your home before buying online – the largest deployment of WebAR for ecommerce!
Leading online art gallery, Saatchi Art, partnered with RPR to develop and launch a web-based augmented reality (WebAR) “View in My Room” feature on 8th Wall’s WebAR platform that enables users to view 1.4 million original works of art on their wall before buying online–--the largest deployment of WebAR for ecommerce!
Saatchi Art came to RPR with two clear challenges: “How can we improve buyer confidence, increase loyalty, and drive sales lift with Augmented Reality?” How do we scale Augmented Reality to 1.4million works of art–the largest online catalogue of art in the world.
- First-of-its-kind production-grade deployment which augments content onto a vertical plane in WebAR
- Architected to ingest over 1.4 million image files in a way that processes and displays individual artwork metadata into the AR front-end.
- Includes the world’s first WebAR proximity indicator, which analyses the user’s position in the 3D scene and warns users when they are getting too close to the wall. This was developed to improve the performance when tracking artwork on walls that are often markerless.
- Designed with scalable 3D canvasses based on artwork dimensions to add perceived depth to 2D artwork
- Acts as a seamless extension of the existing Saatchi e-commerce website
- Each art piece is dynamically scaled based on the artwork’s metadata and deployed into AR with the approximate real-world dimensions of the physical artwork.
Campaign Results 17% more spent by consumers that used the WebAR feature 4X more likely to convert than those that did not use the AR feature
Jeanne Anderson, General Manager of Saatchi Art: “70% of art buyers are hesitant to purchase because they can’t see the artwork in advance.” “By offering the ability to view an artwork via AR on mobile, buyers will instantly see the beauty of the artwork in their home and will feel confident in their purchase. Creating thoughtful, useful tools for mobile web users is just another example of our dedication to our art buyers and part of our ongoing effort to make it easier for them to discover and buy art they love.”
***For more info
Please visit Rock Paper Reality (https://rockpaperreality.com/) or email us at email@example.com. ***
Other Work by Rock Paper Reality